Editor’s Note: This presentation was prepared by Bill Ramsey and The Southern Nevada Climber’s Coalition (SNCC) in unison with The Red Rock Climbing Center in Las Vegas, NV. theDIHEDRAL was granted permission upon request to share this information in an effort to raise awareness about climbing outdoors.
PREPARE BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
- Learn safe practices, belaying, spotting, cleaning anchors, etc.BEFOREHAND.
- Do Your HOMEWORK!!!
- Always have a back-up plan.
- DoNOTclimb on sandstone if it rained in the last 36-48 hours!!!
- DETERMINE THEWHAT AND WHEREYOU ARE GOING TO CLIMB ON THE BASIS OFWHOIS GOING!
- SKILL LEVEL, PREFERENCES (GRADE AND STYLE), NUMBER OF PEOPLE
- EQUIPMENT RESTRICTIONS, SPECIAL NEEDS/DOGS/KIDS
- READ THE GUIDEBOOK!
- STUDY APPROACHES, EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS, ROUTE DESCRIPTIONS, ETC.
- PACK CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY!
- ADEQUATE FOOD ANDWATER, WAGBAGS/TP/DOG POOPBAGS, ADEQUATECLOTHING FOR DESERTEXTREMES, FIRSTAIDKIT.
- COMMUNICATE AND…
View original post 413 more words